We understand group travel is not for everyone, or perhaps the dates of our birthland tours do not fit with your schedule.
AdopteeBridge offers individual travel consultation services to help prepare individuals traveling to Korea. Preparing to travel to your birthland can be overwhelming, especially if it is your first time returning to Korea. Our travel consultant has years of experience living and traveling in Korea. They are experienced helping adoptees and adoptive families prepare to travel to their birthland and ready to help prepare you for a trip of a lifetime.
Our consultation services not only includes basic information about Korean culture, activities, sites to see, food, and basic etiquette, but, we keep in mind what your goals are for the trip, parameters (such as cost, time in country, etc.), and your interests in post adoption connections.
You must register for travel consultation services a minimum of 1 month (4 weeks) prior to your trip to Korea.
When you request our individual travel consultation services, you will receive:
- Up to 90-minute initial meeting consultation (in-person or phone call) with an experienced travel consultant who is knowledgeable in the history, culture, and post adoption experiences of Korea
- Discussion of your goals, interests, and any special needs or concerns you may have
- Referrals of in-country guides and drivers, flight suggestions, in-country transportation advice, and overall travel tips
- Areas of the country you wish to travel during your trip
- A rough outline of an itinerary which individuals can use to help plan trip
- Post adoption service discussion and resource referrals
- 2 follow-up phone conversations (each up to 30 minutes)
- Travel consultant will meet within a 50-mile radius (from Minneapolis/St. Paul); additional travel will require consultant's travel expenses being covered